Date: 17 to 20 May 2022
Event venue: Messe Stuttgart
Organiser: VDW (German Machine Tool Builders’ Association) in cooperation with Messe Stuttgart and Swissmem
Frequency: every two years
GrindingHub is the new international centre for grinding technology and superfinishing. The trade fair’s focus is on all aspects of value creation in this technology area. Centre stage is taken by grinding machines, tool grinding machines and abrasives. All of the relevant software tools, the process periphery, and the measuring and testing equipment needed for QM processes relating to grinding are presented, keeping the entire production environment of grinding technology in view.
The internationally oriented trade fair starts with a hybrid concept. Accompanying the event and also between events, GrindingHub offers digital formats for match making, web seminars, conferences as well as the communication of current trends and innovations across all channels.
The new hub of international grinding technology
VDW, Swissmem and Messe Stuttgart have formed a strong team with high international competence in the industry and trade fairs. The hosts and the exhibiting companies align GrindingHub along the current trends, using their extensive know-how for the sector and the user industries worldwide. The attractiveness is also enhanced by themed focus topics, for example in the special exhibition area "Grinding Solution Park".
- Grinding machines
- Process periphery
- Software tools
- Measuring and testing systems
Messe Stuttgart offers easy accessibility - whether by plane, bus, train, car or regional transport.
- GrindingHub is presented in Halls 7 to 9 with 10,500 square metres each and Hall 10 with 14,600 square metres.
Here are the key areas:
- Messe Stuttgart provides absolute flexibility regarding hygiene requirements.
- The main visitor access is via Entrance West.
- In the Conference West area, four flexible conference rooms with a total of 1,440 sqm and all necessary services are at your disposal.
Thanks to its accompanying digital concept, GrindingHub is present at all times before, during and between events.
- An arc of suspense is created by the webinar series „Grinding Solutions“ in the run-up to the event to
- Arouse interest
- Engage contacts and generate leads
- Increase visibility
- Extend international reach
- 3D digital trade fair focussed on customer industries (aerospace, medical, automotive …)
- Intelligent match making (digital - digital; real - digital)
- Web conference in uneven years
- Digitisation in production
- Current developments and trends
- Live presentation on “interoperability with umati”
- „Grinding Solution Park”
- Interesting production solutions
- Research topics (WGP, ETH/iwf/inspire in Zürich)
- Hybrid special seminars during the event
- Current special interest topics (safety, security, AI etc.)
- Forums for exhibitor presentation in the halls
- Special stand of the Mechanical Engineering Youth Foundation
- Social events and protocol activities as the hygiene concept allows
Experienced press teams of VDW and Messe Stuttgart use their international competence and networks for the communication of GrindingHub:
- Press relations in selected markets and key regions in the run-up to the event
- Digital trade fair preview for international industry journalists including interested exhibitors
- Elevator pitches for product novelties and innovations
- Professional articles and interviews on current industry topics
- Development of high-reach multimedia channels
- Involvement of strong media partners
The communication supported additionally by the involvement of strong professional communities:
- IndustryArena with over 535,000 registered international users and a growth of 800 – 1,000 users / month
- Communication via the GrindingHub Newsroom and eMagazine (approx. 100,000 hits per issue)
- Optional micro sites for exhibitors and transfer of product information to the GrindingHub website
- Network of VDW, Swissmem and VDMA associations
- Professional trade fair community „Club of Metalworking“
- Further extension through partnerships with clusters and customer associations